1. Wash & rinse ¼ cup (32g) Organic Basmati White Rice a few of times and then soak in enough water for 15 to 20 mins
2. Whilst the rice is soaking, take 1-litre full-fat milk in a heavy saucepan or kadai
3. Keep the pan on a low to medium flame. Stir at intervals so that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan
4. Let the milk come to a boil
5. Take 1 tablespoon milk from the pan in a small bowl. Let the milk cool down. Then add a few saffron strands to the milk. Keep aside.
6. Once the milk begins to boil, drain all the water from the rice and add it to the hot boiling milk
7. Simmer and cook rice on a low flame. No need to cover the pan when the rice is cooking
8. Then add 5 to 6 tbsp sugar or Maple Syrup or a sweetener of your choice.
9. Continue to cook rice on a low to medium flame. Stir at intervals. This stage will take approx 1 hour.
10. Cook until mixture becomes thick and creamy and turn off the heat. Then add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder.