Flavourful, tasty and nutritious red lentil recipe. Masoor dal is one of the most commonly used lentils in Indian cuisine. Just 100g contains 26g of protein which is equivalent to 52% of your allowance!
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients aside. Wash & rinse ½ cup masoor dal (red lentils) a couple of times in water. Then add the masoor daal to a large pot with 1.5 cups of water.
2. Add quarter teaspoon of Elworld’s Organic Turmeric Power and cook for approx 20 mins on a medium flame or untill they become soft and mushy.
3. In another pan or pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add 1 teaspoon of Elworld’s Organic Cumin Seeds and sauté till they crackle and become slighty darker. To this add finely 1 medium chopped or puréed onion, 1 green chillies(optional), 2 fresh tomatoes, 3 garlic cloves and salt to taste.
4. Once the mixture has cooked for 10 mins and has become soft and combine with the lentils and cook for a further 5 mins on a low gas.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy along side some rice, naan or chapati’s.
Why not try add 1/4 inch puréed ginger or Elworld’s Organic Coriander Powder?